Individuals who may not be eligible under the Federal Skilled Workers Program or other provincial nominee programs may consider immigrating to Canada through a program introduced for Manitoba’s Morden community. Morden is located just north of the U.S. border.
The program receives a high number of applications but is currently targeting occupations in manufacturing (specifically entry level manufacturing), cabinetmakers, welders, factory sewing machine operators, and childcare/daycare workers. Applicants with extensive entrepreneurial experience may also be considered.
In order to be eligible to apply the candidates must:
- Be between the ages of 21 and 45
- Have no other connection to other parts of Canada (i.e. through friends, relatives or previous employment or education)
- Have completed a post-secondary education or training program of at least one year duration, for which you received a diploma, certificate, or degree
- At least two years of full-time work experience in the past five years
- A General IELTS test with a minimum score of 5 in EACH band
- Have the genuine intention and ability to economically establish and settle in Morden
- Have settlement funds as required by MPNP ($10,000 for the Principal Applicant and $2,000 for each dependent). This is in addition to any funds needed for exploratory visits expenses.
In addition to target occupations, applicants who have no connections to other parts of Canada and show a genuine intention to live and work in Morden may also be considered if they have experience living in rural areas and are able to adapt to Morden’s culture and climate.
Qualified applicants are invited for an exploratory visit and are interviewed at the end of the visit and if accepted would be invited to apply for immigration under Manitoba’s Provincial Nominee Program.
This article is for general information only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Canadian immigration laws change frequently; please contact us to discuss your specific circumstances. We have been assisting our clients for more than 25 years in achieving their immigration goals.