Gurpreet is an associate lawyer and practices all aspects of immigration law. He has more than ten years experience in the field of immigration law. He also handles employment law matters including WSIB and Wrongful Dimissal.
Before joining Mann Law, Gurpreet practiced civil litigation, administrative law, immigration law and had regularly appeared before courts of primary and appellate jurisdiction. He represented insurance companies, state urban development authorities and boards. At Mann Law Gurpreet assists individuals, small businesses and multinational corporations primarily in the fields of immigration and employment law.
He has extensive knowledge of:
- Permanent Residence applications
- Family class Sponsorships
- Humanitarian and Compassionate applications
- Business Class Immigration
- Work Permits
- Study Permits
- Visitor Visas
- Criminal Admissibility
- North American Free Trade Act applications
- Employment Law
- Employment Insurance Appeals
- The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Canadian Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association of Toronto
- Associate member of the American Bar Association
Gurpreet is fluent in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
Gurpreet frequently writes on recent issues and developments on various legal topics including immigration law.
- First Internationally Trained Lawyer (ITL) member on ITL Program Advisory Committee of University of Toronto, Faculty of Law
- Selected and participated in the Hart House Living Library project in 2012
- Interviewed and featured in Nexus – University of Toronto Faculty of Law Alumni Magazine
- Pro Bono Law Ontario
- Junior Achievement of Central Ontario program