Sumir has a broad range of experience in both litigation and corporate law. He practiced law at two large New York law firms, specializing first in patent litigation before moving to a securities law practice.
Upon returning to Canada, Sumir worked in back- and middle-office roles at two of Canada’s Big Five banks, solidifying his Canadian legal foundations. He gained valuable practical experience in Canadian securities law and financial transactions.
Sumir is a thoughtful writer, and always brings his analytical and problem-solving skills to his clients’ aid.
- The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Securities Institute – Canadian Securities Course (2014)
- Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, 2011
- Member of the New York State Bar, 2004
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 2002
- B.Sc., McGill University, 1999