US Immigration Law

Our U.S. Immigration Attorneys and Lawyers with dedicated staff can help you with the following Visas and other U.S. Immigration matters

We can assist you with non-immigration petitions and applications as well as processing of Green Card and other visas.

We represent both individual and corporate clients in the United States, Canada and various other countries. We assist with the cross-border movement of executives, managerial and specialized knowledge individuals.

For more information on our US Immigration Lawyer services you may contact us at Or Call us at 905-565-5770

Some common US Visas include:

TN (NAFTA) – Visa

NAFTA is the North American Free Trade Agreement. It creates special economic and trade relationships for the United States, Canada and Mexico. The non-immigrant NAFTA Professional (TN) visas allow Citizens of United States, Canada and Mexico (The Party Countries), as NAFTA professionals, to work in the other Party Country. Permanent residents, including Canadian permanent residents, are not able to apply to work as a NAFTA professional.

B1 / B2 – Visitor /Business / Tourist Visa

The visitor visa is a type of non-immigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure, tourism or medical treatment (B-2). International travelers with visitor visas comprise a large portion of temporary visitor travel to the United States every year.

E – Treaty Visas

The Immigration and Nationality Act provides non-immigrant visa status for a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation who is coming to the United States to carry on substantial trade, including trade in services or technology, principally between the United States and the treaty country, or to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which the national has invested, or is in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital.

F1, M1, J1 – Student Visas

The United States welcomes foreign citizens who come to the U.S. to study or participate in an exchange program. Before applying for a visa, all student and exchange visitor applicants are required to be accepted and approved for their program. When accepted, educational institutions and program sponsors will provide each applicant the necessary approval documentation, to be submitted when applying for a visa.

J1 – Exchange Visitors, Au Pairs

The Exchange Visitor Program is carried out under the provisions of U.S. law, to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by educational and cultural exchanges. They provide an extremely valuable opportunity to experience the United States and their way of life, thereby developing lasting and meaningful relationships.

H, L, O, P, Q – Work Visas

The Immigration and Nationality Act provides several categories of non-immigrant visas for a person who wishes to work temporarily in the United States. If you want to work in the U.S. temporarily, under immigration law, you need a specific visa based on the purpose of your travel and type of work you will be doing.

  • H-1B classification applies to persons in a specialty occupation, which requires the theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge requiring completion of a specific course of higher education. This classification requires a labour attestation issued by the Secretary of Labour (65,000). This classification also applies to Government-to-Government research and development, or co-production projects administered by the Department of Defense (100);
  • H-1C classification applies to foreign nurses coming to perform nursing services in medically underserved areas for a temporary period up to three years. The Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Act of 1999 (NRDAA) has been reauthorized for an additional three years, and will expire on December 20, 2009.
  • H-2A classification applies to temporary or seasonal agricultural workers; Note: USCIS revised H-2A program requirements and regulations, which applies to all petitions filed after January 17, 2009.
  • H-3 classification applies to trainees other than medical or academic. This classification also applies to practical training in the education of handicapped children (50);
  • L classification applies to intra-company transferees who, within the three preceding years, have been employed abroad continuously for one year, and who will be employed by a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of that same employer in the U.S. in a managerial, executive, or specialized knowledge capacity
  • O-1 classification applies to persons who have extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or extraordinary achievements in the motion picture and television field
  • O-2 classification applies to persons accompanying an O-1 alien to assist in an artistic or athletic performance for a specific event or performance
  • P-1 classification applies to individual or team athletes, or members of an entertainment group that are internationally recognized (25,000)
  • P-2 classification applies to artists or entertainers who will perform under a reciprocal exchange program
  • P-3 classification applies to artists or entertainers who perform under a program that is culturally unique (same as P-1); and
  • Q-1 classification applies to participants in an international cultural exchange program for the purpose of providing practical training, employment, and the sharing of the history, culture, and traditions of the alien’s home country.

For more information or if you have any questions please Contact us.

What Our Clients Have to Say:

Tell Us Your Matter